Thursday, April 20, 2006

Saharanpur Legacy :)

Acha about Saharanpur……..Do you people know y is this saharanpur here…..actually my grandfather came to Pakistan after partition from Saharanpur and now my whole Dadiyal lives in Multan where they are called as “Mirzas of Saharanpur” by the other clans living there; with “Sohnipatiz”….being another important rival there (they hailed from Sohanipat in current India)……My grandfather told me that we even had fight with Sohanipatiz and we won and a lot of sohanipatiz were injured in that fight….Ab tou aisa kuch naheen yeah start kee baatein hein jab naye naye yeah donon clans settle hoye thay in Multan….

Waisay I was also being told by my grandfather that…Back in saharanpur Mirzas were thought to be fighters and fuss makers….WOW…Badmashhhh Logggg….infact Bhai Loggggg. and also he told me very innocently that saray tou aisay naheen thay na …. Hehehehe……But you know we have a history of these battles and fights .... Rite from "Taimoor the LANE" to Muhammad Naqi Mirza :)

Another thing related to saharanpur…….infact it is not only related to saharanpur but to all the areas in UP (Utter Pardesh) …. Those pakistaniz whose ancestors hail from cities like Saharanpur , Dehli , Ambala etc. are easily recognizable due to their clear accent of Urdu….Not the Lucknow one (though Lucknow is also in UP I guess but the accent of Lucknoweez is somewhat more of poetic then realistic….hehehe…haan na) …. Those who have heard me know this :) and often I receive praises on this too…I mean on my accent yaar….Haan na :) …

Well I m proud of this Saharanpur legacy……Though I never ever do something or favour somebody based on this Baradari system…..It is only like this inspires me …. I hope you people understand……:)

5 comments:

Engrsahib said...

In Abu Dhabi aamanna!!

gh said...

So that was the actual story ab Mirza Sahib Soharanpur walay. Now let me search for a Sohnipati in this blogsphere :)

Engrsahib said...

@gh
hehehe

Engrsahib said...

@Aamana
Living & Office near Dana Hotel infront of Le-Merieden/Abu Dhabi Co-op.
Descon Engineering Abu Dhabi

Anonymous said...

Thats great ....
my grandfather also came from Saharanpur , so i share this legacy with you . My family khwajgan was all settled in Mohalla Shah Vilayat of Saharanpur .